The hangar has been designed for the current and future Royal Jordanian ́s fleet.Foundations and structures prepared for a future expansion by 2 additional floors (2nd & 3rd floors).
This mainly pre-engineered metal structure includes one of the largest clear spans in Jordan and the Middle East, with characteristics as follows:
- Clear dimensions of (26 × 72 × 72) meters, cladded with sandwich panels and designed by Kirby
- The 70 × 18.5 meter motorized hangar door is designed and supplied by Spec-Door
- A suspended overhead crane with a capacity of 6.3 tons and hook height of 18.5 M that covers the whole hangar and it is supplied by Morris Crane-UK
- An independent foam firefighting system which covers the entire hangar
- A concrete Aircraft parking lot adjacent to the hangar with a total area of 12,000 M2, provided with directional lighting for the runway and light towers of 25 M height for general lighting